Chianti Authentic Italian Restaurant Opens in Phoenix Mall Chennai – Vegetarian Food Review
Chianti Italian Restaurant Vegetarian Food Review
On our usual stroll in Phoenix mall, we came across Chianti and decided to try it out. Chianti is the new Italian restaurant and if you are a Masterchef aficionado, you will be glad that we can try out those lovely Italian dishes in real out here at Chianti. The food was absolutely yummy and the service impeccable. Be ready to see a menu which has Italian names of the dishes and a supportive staff who is ready to assist you. Here is the list of dishes we had – Zucca De Pomodoro, Piatto Di Vegetariani, Ravioli De Spinachi E Ricotta and Pannacotta with Berry Compote.
We begin with a Complimentary Chianti Bruschetta which we prepare given the ingredients. Every table has a simple instruction on the table and it was fun preparing our own Bruschetta with Baguettes, garlic, cherry tomatoes, basil and olive oil. We were so busy preparing and eating it as our Zucca (soup) was getting ready.
Zucca De Pomodora (Rs.199) was aromatic with herbs and tomatoes not too creamy, the right start to our day of Italian food.
The next we had was Piatto Di Vegetariani (Rs.495) , a platter of different starters on a plate. We were told it is a plate of 4 of each in the platter but the restaurant seeing that it was two of us arranged for a mini platter with 2 of each. The items we had in the platter was Mozzarella Fritta, Cherry Tomato Bruschetta, Crostini, and Grigliata Di Verdure. Each one was a signature dish and it was delicious.
Ravioli De Spinachi E Ricotta, white sauce-based Ravioli, so beautifully cooked with spinach cheese filling was classy. Quite a quantity of creamy tongue smacking dish that you should not miss.
We were almost full and how can we quit without a dessert. Every dish was so inviting and we finally settled in for Pannacotta with Berry compote and strawberry sorbet reserving the others for our next visits.
- If you are an Italian food lover, you are in for a treat with authentic Antipasti, Zuppa, insalata, Risotto, Piatto, Pasta, Pizza, dolci and more.
- Good number of Vegetarian dishes on the menu
- Price is on the higher side but the dishes are authentic and when compared to Indian fine dining prices, the items are well priced.
- Get ready to get a tasting of different types of Cheese and authentic Pizza and Pasta, nothing Indian about it
- Good quantity of Soup though we asked for a one by two.
- Generous Breads as accompaniments for the dishes
- Available on Zomato Gold and be aware platters don’t count for 1 +1 discounts.
- Good quantity of servings
- Service charge was automatically included and when asked, it was removed from the bill.
- Group eat-outs will make it more price worthy.
Ground Floor, Phoenix MarketCity, Velachery, Chennai
Timing 12 noon– 3:30pm, 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Posted on November 23, 2018, in Food, Restaurants and tagged authentic, Bangalore Chianti, chennai, chianti, fine dining, food, food blogger, italian, phoenix mall, restaurant, review blogger, vegetarian, Velachery. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.