Learn to Make Tamilnadu’s Medicinal Traditional Hot Beverage, Sukku Kaapi
Sukku kaapi, the word brings us memories of fresh air, green all around, pristine water ponds and of course SUKKU KAAPI. To all those who have not heard about this, it is a home-made hot beverage best known for its medicinal properties and promoting good health. It is taken as a replacement for regular coffee or tea. Sukku Kaapi is refreshing and is known to prevent many ailments particularly digestive disorders, cold etc.
Sukku (Dry ginger) 1/4 cup
Corriander seeds (Dhaniya seeds) 1/2 cup
Black Pepper 2 tsp
Elakaai (Cardamom) 5 or 6
1. Roast all the ingredients in a pan till the coriander seeds become crisp. (do not let it to Brown)
2. Cool the ingredients and powder it.
3. Spread it in a paper and once dry store in air tight container.
TO MAKE 1 CUP OF COFFEE:
Water 1/2 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Jaggery or sugar to taste
Sukku kaapi powder 1 tablespoon
1. Add water and sukku kaapi powder and bring it to a boil.
2. Strain the water, add boiled milk and sugar
Important Note : If you are using jaggery, add the jaggery to the water first and then add the boiled milk.