Cycle Tour Covering Tamilnadu and Kerala – Experience the Local Culture and the Villages
A tour is experienced best if you get the feel of local culture, food, villages and the life of people in the region. If you are interested in seeing the real Tamilnadu and Kerala, take a 11 days cycle tour starting in January before the Pongal Festival, the harvest festival of Tamilnadu and participate in the festival in a village. Read on for details
KERALA – TAMILNADU Cycle Tour
ROUTE: CHENNAI – MAHABALIPURAM – KUVATTUR – MARAKKANAN-PONDICHERRY – CUDDALORE – VADALUR – SETTIYATHOPE – GANGAIKONDACOLAPURAM – KUMBHAKONAM – SWAMIMALAI – TANJAVOOR – SENGIPPATTI – TRICHI – TOGAMALAI – CHINTAMARRRIPPATT I-PALAIYAM – VEDASANDUR – ODDANCHATRAM – VIRUPAKSHI – PALANI – AMARAVATH I – CHINNAR – MARAYOOR – MUNNAR – ADIMALI – THATTEKKAD – MOOVATTUPUZHA – KUMARAKOM – ANDHAKARANAZHI – COCHIN
Read on for the itinerary
- Day 1 Arrive Chennai: Transfer to hotel in Mahabalipuram, After breakfast assemble the bikes and go for a test ride in and around Mahabalipuram> Examine the excellent works of Rock Cut Caves and Temples. Back to hotel for overnight stay. Tour is completely through flat road for 35kms.
- Day 2 Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry: After early breakfast, ride to pondicherry through the east coast road. See Salt farms of South India and proceed to lunch at Beach. In the afternoon visit Aurobindo Ashram. Reach Pondy by evening and stay overnight.
- Day 3 Pondicherry – Kumbakhonam: After breakfast start ride to Kumbhakonam via Gangaikondacholapuram, Visit Swamimalai, Bronze Factories and reach hotel in Kumbakhonam, Evening cultural program with the local people and demonstration of pongal festival of Tamilnadu. Overnight stay.
- Day 4 Kumbakhonam – Trichy: After breakfast start ride to Trichy via Tanjore palace and Temple. Lunch with people working in the rice fields. Reach hotel by evening through the Rock Fort Temple. Bharatanatyam, Cultural Dance of Tamilnadu in Evening.
- Day 5 Trichy – Palani (Elevation 0-450mts): After breakfast start ride to Palani the famous pilgrim centre of hindus for lord muruga. Real ride through villages of Tamilnadu. Overnight stay.
- Day6 Palani – Marayoor 80km (Elevation 42km, 0-300 and 38km climb from 300-900mts): After breakfast start ride to Marayoor via Udumalopet through the National Park of Chinnar and reach Marayoor in the evening after trekking in the forest with tribals. Evening Tribal dance in the Tribal village. Special Tribal dinner in the evening. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 7 Marayoor ( Climb from 900 – 2100 – 1800 mts Undulating ride ): After breakfast start ride to Munnar after visiting Jaggery/Sugarcane Factory and ride through the stunning scenery of Jacaranda Flowers in Tea plantation with exuisite view of rocks behind it. Leisure evening. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 8 Munnar – Thattekad 82km ( Elevation – Downhill ride 1800-450mts): After breakfast start ride to Thattekad through the Tea Plantation and reach the exclusive Bird sanctuary beside the river. Overnight at Bird Lagoon.
- Day 9 Thattekad to Backwaters 80km (Elevation – Undulating 450-0mts): After breakfast start ride to Kumarakom via the rubber plantations and the backwaters. Check into the Houseboat. Experience the panaromic view and the luxury of the Houseboat.
- Day 10 Backwaters – Cochin 65km (Elevation 0-10mts): After breakfast start ride to cochin through th rear sea sude road alongside the chinese fishing nets and visit coir factory. Overnight at Cochin
- Day 11 Back to Cochin Airport
Luggage will be transferred between overnight stops, and there will be sufficient space to assist riders if necessary.Accommodation and meals
Rooms will be in mid-range/good hotels and a guesthouse with air conditioning or ceiling fans and en-suite facilities. One night will be spent on houseboats (2 or 3 twin bedrooms with private facilities on each boat). All rooms are based on two people sharing. Breakfasts and evening meals buffet included Full board will be provided on the houseboats. On moving-on days the support crew will provide light lunches and mineral water to be paid.Price includes:
- All vehicle transfers to and from airports
- Vehicle support and baggage transfers
- Train transfers
- 3star hotel accommodation, half board, 2 sharing
- full board on houseboats, 2 sharing
- Services of an English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Porterage and assistance with baggage and cycles
- All visits/trips as per the itinerary
Price does not include:
- Meals in transit
- Drinks, including mineral water
- Lunches other than those included on houseboats (Light lunch and refreshments will be provided by our back up crew on moving on days to be paid for locally
- Any other personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
For more details Contact
Posted on December 17, 2011, in Adventure, Attractions, Travel and tagged chennai, cycle tour, KERALA, Kochi, mahabalipuram, pongal festival, South India, Tamil Nadu, tamilnadu village, village stay. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.